Sunday, June 17, 2012

Day 9 - Hamatonbetsu to Monbetsu

Sunday 17 June

Day 9 Hamatonbetsu to Monbetsu km (total km)

Today was a little longer than expected, because of rain.  I had initially intended to stay at a campsite  about 40km out of Monbetsu, that had an onsen right next to it but the weather closed in this afternoon and I decided to just continue on to Monbetsu and find shelter in a hotel.

The ride was along the North coast, with some little fishing villages along the way.  There seems to be an abundance of crabs on offer around this coast... yum!  I didn't take many photos, unfortunately - the coastline looks rather bleak and it was raining quite heavily for most of the ride, so I was really just foccused on arriving in Monbetsu and taking a warm shower.  There was a ship moored on land with rest-rooms/icecream/snacks just outside of Esashi...

Im staying at the Monbetsu Prince Hotel - it is really nice and very reasonably priced (¥6,150 incl breakfast).  It has a laundry to wash and dry my wet clothes, internet access (yay!) and an onsen (a shame that I probably won't use it). 

Unfortunately, I wasn't feeling very hungry tonight, so just popped over to the 7/11 for a Hokkaido icecream (coffee and caramel - yum!)... I really should be eating crab but I am just not hungry enough to order a full meal. Maybe tomorrow night.


No comments:

Post a Comment